Weekend at Ashland
Ashland Nature Center, one of Delaware’s finest nature preserves, and Wow Science, a nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting children’s interest in STEM, are proud to bring you a special weekend with your child on the beautiful grounds of Ashland Nature Center.
Here’s what awaits you:
- Explore 130 acres of woodlands, meadows, marsh, and the scenic Red Clay Creek
- Discover wildlife at Ashland’s Hawk Watch, Bird Banding station, Bird Blind, and the Hummingbird Haven
- Take rejuvenating walks in over four miles of nature trails
- Re-center with instructor-led mindfulness activities
- Spend quality time with your child during many planned hands-on activities
- Indulge with marshmallows at a nightly bonfire (assorted fine wine available for parents)
- Enjoy sumptuous meals throughout your stay
Date: November 9 – 11, 2018
Check-in: From 5:30 PM Friday, November 9
Departure: 11 AM, Sunday, November 11
Eligibility: Children ages 5 to 17 can attend. Each child MUST be accompanied by a parent or guardian
What to pack and bring with you:
- Comfortable walking shoes and clothing. A sweater or light jacket is recommended for this time of year in Delaware
- Toiletries – towel, washcloth, soap, lotion, etc.
- A sleeping bag for each person or a twin bed set and pillow (Sleeping is in a large dormitory style cabin. One section for men/boys and a different section for women/girls. Sleeping is on bunk beds. No private rooms)
- A rain jacket in case it rains
- Bring cameras and binoculars if you have them
Early Bird Price: $799 for parent and child (early bird pricing ends October 15)
Regular Price: $899
Questions? Contact us by telephone or email: (877) 541-2267 or email@example.com
No products were found matching your selection.