Are you a science, engineering, technology, or math teacher or graduate student looking for a great summer job? Do you have a passion for working with children? Do you enjoy hands-on STEM projects and experiments?
Wow! Science Camp® is an academic enrichment program dedicated to promoting children’s interest in STEM. We offer hands-on science experiments and projects, activity-based math, educational games and simulations, educational LEGO activities, STEM career review, and thrilling weekly field trips. Our afterschool programs run for various intervals throughout the academic year. Our summer camp runs for two to eight weeks every summer, depending on location. Children between the ages of 5 and 14 are eligible to participate in the program.
- Prepare for and implement daily STEM experiments and projects (supplies and instructions are provided)
- Prepare and deliver math lessons using supplied materials
- Prepare and deliver money management and etiquette lessons using supplied materials
- Serve as chaperone on field trips
- Supervise all assigned aspects of campers’ day, including classroom clean-up, meal times, projects, and preparation for next day’s activities
- Comply with camp policies and standards of conduct
Essential skills and experience:
- Good character, integrity, adaptability, enthusiasm, high energy, sense of humor
- Experience with LEGO Mindstorm a plus
- Minimum of 4-year college degree, preferably in a STEM field
- Minimum of one year teaching, mentoring, or tutoring experience
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Voorhees, NJ; Wilmington, DE
Wow! Science Camp® is an equal opportunity employer.