- Money recognition (understand penny, nickel, dime, and quarter).
- Learn the value of each coin.
- Learn the denominations of dollar bills (paper money).
- Practice basic counting.
- Learn addition and subtraction using fake money and money games.
- Learn how to combine coins and bills to create higher values.
- Learn decimal points in counting money using money games.
- Understand the meanings of basic arithmetic operations: addition and subtraction (joining, separating, comparing), multiplication (repeated addition, area/array), division (repeated subtraction, sharing).
- Value of money (introduction).
- Review skills of computation to add, subtract, multiply, and divide fractions, decimals, integers, percentages, and money values.
- Using math games, learn about conversion and giving correct change; review basic arithmetic operation.
- Continue lesson on the value of money.
- Learn basics of personal finance (savings, budgeting, opening an account, balancing a checkbook).
- Learn investment basics.
- Review percentage, conversion, interest.
- Learn banking basics by operating a fake bank account.
- Learn investing basics using games and simulations; invest in bonds, property, and commodities; trade stocks.
- Learn entrepreneurial skills; understand how to start and run a fake business.
- Prepare and report basic profit-and-loss statement.
- Learn how credit works.
- Learn different types of insurance and why they’re important.